Thursday, May 10, 2012

GATES OF HEAVEN – Part of a much larger body of work.

Most people that know me are familiar with my song Gates of Heaven.  What most people don’t know is that the song is part of a much larger body of work.  Several years ago I wanted to do a “classical” style record with full orchestration.  I wrote the songs and when it came time to record them instead of using my usual guitar, bass, keyboards and drums, I scored the songs for a full 32 piece orchestra with an Overture and a Finale and everything in between.  I never release the recordings as an Old Blue album but I did release the title song Gates Of Heaven on my album SEE ME THROUGH.

So maybe someday I’ll post some of the “unheard” songs from those sessions here on The Old Blue Blog.  In the meantime, here’s the video of Gates Of Heaven.





Song Title: GATES OF HEAVEN
Track Number: 3
Album Title: SEE ME THROUGH
Artist: Old Blue
Record Label: Namesake Music
UPC/EAN Code: 884502 436365
Released 01 June 2007
Composed and Produced by: RB Smith
Copyright (c) Namesake Music, BMI


All rights reserved