Wednesday, December 21, 2016

GERONIMO

One of the things I enjoy doing the most is to take my guitar, camera and camper and wonder the American Southwest.

On one of these journeys, the chords to a new song started to expose itself to me and there was definitely magic in those chords.  By the time I got home, it became perfectly clear that the song was about the land I had just traveled and the last of the great Chiricahua Apache warriors who once lived there.  Geronimo.

Geronimo lived his life defending his land and people from foreign invaders.  He was 79 years old at the time of his death and although he was caged as a "prisoner of war", in his mind he was always free.

When it came time to make this video, I wanted to incorporate the photographs of Edward S. Curtis (1868 - 1952) because I liked them so much and because he took over 40,000 photographs of 80 tribes - including Geronimo.

I am a killer.  I’m a medicine man.  I'm Geronimo.




Song Title: GERONIMO
Track Number: 10
Album Title: THE OLD MAN IN THE CORNER
Artist: Old Blue
Record Label: Namesake Music
UPC/EAN Code: 884502 574098
Released 01 June 2010
Composed and Produced by: RB Smith
Copyright (c) Namesake Music, BMI


All rights reserved