Thursday, October 12, 2017

MENAGERIE

When I was a child, my parents didn’t own a piano but for some reason I was fascinated by the instrument.  I would go to my elementary school early and stay late just to sit at the piano in the kindergarten room.   I would pick and paw at those keys for hours making up little tunes.  One of those tunes became my song Menagerie and it’s one of the first songs I ever wrote.  Who could have imagined that I would record the song almost 60 years later?  When I listen to it now, it’s so simple as if my inner child is still playing it.

One of my other passions is photography and I’m lucky to be in possession of many old family photos.  Many of these photos date back well over 100 years.  I thought how wonderful it would be if I could experiment and try to bring these photos to life.     

So may I share with you some very old family photographs and one of my earliest compositions?   


This is my Menagerie.















Song Title: MENAGERIE

Track Number: 7
Album Title: Old Blue 6
Artist: Old Blue
Record Label: Namesake Music
Released 10 October 2017
Composed and Produced by: RB Smith
Copyright (c) Namesake Music, BMI



All rights reserved